SEO vs Google Ads
By Chloe Young on March 22, 2019
What is SEO?
What are the benefits?
- One of the biggest advantages of showing prominently in organic search results is that many customers trust organic results over adverts, which often show at the top and bottom of the search results and in the column at the side. Digital audiences are becoming more savvy and are now far more likely to distinguish organic search results from ads than they were a decade ago.
- Optimising your site also creates a smoother, faster and user-friendly experience. A well-optimised site will encourage users to stay for longer, which reduces your bounce rate – that’s the number of visitors that land on your site and then leave immediately without visiting a second page.
- SEO demands time and patience but will yield invaluable long-term results for your business that you’ll see reflected in your bottom line.
What is Google Ads?
What are the benefits for Google Ads?
- You can tweak your adverts as regularly as you need to reach the right audience, including updating your budget and targeting depending on what’s delivering results.
- Google Ads is faster than SEO – if done properly, a targeted campaign can increase your web traffic and sales or bookings almost immediately. However, it does require more financial risk.
- Even though Google Ads won’t benefit your organic search ranking, it gives you the opportunity to grab your customers’ attention when they are searching for products and services like yours.