Why every business should be using social media marketing
By Amy Wiles on December 14, 2017
‘Your local Colchester Digital Agency shares advice on why all businesses should be using Social Media Marketing.’
Statistics you should know
- Over 50 million businesses have a Facebook business page
- 2 million businesses use their Facebook page for paid advertising
- 93% of Pinterest users are known to use the app for making a purchase alone
- Pinterest drives 25% of all website referral traffic
- 80% of accounts on Instagram follow a business page of their interest, there are currently 800+ million accounts on Instagram worldwide
Social media for business
With over 1.19 billion daily users on Facebook, there is huge potential to reach out to those who may be interested in your business with a range of tools that Facebook offer. You may be thinking, if there are over 50 million businesses that have a business page on Facebook then the platform is saturated? That may be true, but with the help of Facebook advertising and it's attention to detail to help you gain true followers this is not something to overlook. Facebook advertising can take some time to get your head around, whether you have a friend that may be able to show you how it works, or if you have the time to sit down and watch a few YouTube tutorials or you may even decide you want to attend some professional social training courses to get you up to scratch, we can assure you that Facebook can lead to converts and more business.
After being brought out by Facebook, Instagram is another social platform that is ever-changing and growing in the world of digital marketing. Compared to Facebook, Instagram have stated in 2017 that businesses selling a product rather than a service made the most money from Instagram advertising this year. This is down to the visual selling qualities that the platform offers as well as the use of hashtags and influencers so that people can find you a lot easier.
Both Instagram and Facebook are forever altering and developing the platforms to make them even more accessible to those who are using social media to purchase a product or service as well as adding on other tools that businesses can use to help them grow. So if you start, you need to make sure on top of all current trends to achieve the best results you can over other competitors!
Customer service via social media
Customer service on platforms such as Twitter and Facebook have become exceedingly popular with customers. When you've got a question, problem or complaint about a product you've purchased the last thing you want to be doing is spending your time waiting in a queue on the phone or waiting 1-2 working days for an email reply. The reason social media customer service is so popular is that the replies are rapid compared to these other services, with customers now expecting a reply within one hour. Here are some statistics that could persuade you to deal with your customers via social media:
- Solving a customer issue on social media costs nearly 1/6th compared to call centre interaction
- Customers spend 20-40% more when companies engage and respond quickly to their customers on social media
- 71% of consumers are likely to recommend your brand to others if they have received positive social media care
- Customer service interactions have increased by 250% on Twitter over the past two years
If we've enticed you to start using social media for your business but your not sure where to start, we offer social media training courses for Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn from as little as £50 per person. If this is something you'd be interested in please visit our website https://digitaltrainingessex.co.uk/book or you can enquire at firstname.lastname@example.org