Back to insights
Get to know our... Lead Designer
By Simon Lewis
On Aug 7, 2020
Introducing our Lead Designer Simon...he's the creative mind behind any design, so if you're looking to rejig your brand or need some creative design work, Simon is the guy for you!
1. How does your morning usually start?
Very slowly until I get a black coffee inside me.
2. What’s your favourite thing about being Lead Designer?
Drawing from over 20 years commercial experience with a diverse client portfolio allows me to see projects from varying angles, therefore fully delivering on project briefs with not only the creative team, but all of Digital Reflow.
3. What’s on the menu for lunch?
Subway meal deal - footlong hearty Italian, Italian B.M.T, mixed cheese, chipotle sauce.
4. What songs are you playing in the office?
Current ‘playlist’ is quite diverse featuring; The Kinks, The Rolling Stones, The Specials, Small Faces, The Who, Lamb, Beastie Boys, Roots Manuva, Oasis, The Weekend, Channel Live… like I said… diverse.
5. What’s your proudest working achievement?
Designing Chelmsford Cathedral’s St Cedds cross ’brand’, an iconic identity that will be around long after I'm not.
6. Aside from the necessities, what is one thing you could not go a day without?
Cadbury’s Dairy Milk Chocolate.
7. Three words to describe your personality
Chilled, passionate, organised.
8. Your favourite place in Colchester and why?
Other than my bed, I'd have to say Birch Grove Golf Club - being outside playing golf on a summer's day, stunning.
9. What did you want to be when you were little?
10. Who did you look up to growing up?
Hannibal from The A-Team, he always had a plan and it came together.
11. Favourite app and why?
Twitter - concise messaging with great coverage of anything you want to learn/read… I get 84% of my news from this app.
12. Office snack of choice?
Strawberry laces and wine gums.
13. Favourite song for Monday motivation?
Britney Spears - Work.
14. Memorable moment at work?
Working on the DRM (Digital Rights Movement) and promotions for Daft Punk - Daft Club album.
15. What’s the best thing about working at Digital Reflow?
The diverse range of clients, you never know what's coming in through that door next.
16. Would you rather always have to say what you are thinking or never be able to talk again?
Always say what's on my mind.
17. Who is most likely to win an Oscar in the office?
18. Who is the most likely to spend their money on something stupid?
19. Who is the most likely to talk to animals?
20. Who is the most likely to become famous for the wrong reason?